Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Late Nights with sick kids

Being up late at night with a sick kid is no fun. Pacing the floor, carrying a child who can't sleep because of the pain of an ear infection, is something I consider a rite of passage for all parents. Aren't too many who get away without having to go through that misery at least once.

It's funny, but it's often in those wee hours of the morning, while I'm cradeling my sleepy baby in my lap, my eyelids at half-mast, my brain muddy, that I have my best writing revelations. Not that I look forward to when I have a sick child because I don't. But while I'm awake, my mind tends to wander, since it's dark and quiet. I often think about my work in process, mull over a problem I'm having. And very often the answer comes to me in a flash of inspiration.

There's only one other place where I've had those kinds of inspirations strike--in the shower.

Any writers want to share when they most often have their "Ah-ha!" moments? In the bath tub? While driving to work? On the subway? I'd love to hear.

Tawny

posted by Tawny Taylor at 12:19 PM |

0 Comments:

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela