Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Patience, thou art my friend.

I HATE waiting.

No doubt about it, I'm a girl of the twenty-first century. I expect everything now and I lack the patience to wait for anything. {sigh} I pace in front of a microwave while waiting for my pre-cooked, pre-packaged frozen beef tenderloin dinner to cook. Those three minutes feel like a lifetime.

And wouldn't you know it, I picked a career that requires not just a small amount of patience, but boatloads of it!

I've tried to keep busy, to distract myself from the agony of The Wait. I swear I have. I keep writing, writing, writing. Submitting, submitting, submitting. But my nerves are constantly on edge. I'm waiting for so many things--edits, releases, responses to submissions, my first Romantic Times conference. Every day, all day, I feel like I'm on the verge of getting either extremely wonderful or absolutely horrible news. It's driving me crazy.

Anyone else feel this way? Is there a cure? Besides healthy doses of valium?

posted by Tawny Taylor at 8:52 AM |

4 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Kristen Painter:


Waiting just sucks. Sucks! I try to forget how many things I'm waiting on and just focus on what I'm writing at the moment.

It helps but still...every time the phone rings or I go to the mailbox, I wonder...could today be the day?


9:43 AM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


OMG, I know what you mean! Every day my heartbeat speeds up when I see the mail truck parked in front of our mailbox. It's such a letdown when I have nothing but advertisements for grocery stores in there.

Same with the phone! I dash through the house every time the silly thing rings. 9 times out of 10 it's some rep from a mortgage company looking to take advantage--er, I mean pitch this really terrific money-saving opportunity :)Argh!


9:57 AM 
Commented by Blogger Vivienne King:


sigh, I'm waiting on some potentially great or devastating news myself right now. My agent sent out my ms 2 weeks ago, said that editors were really excited about it...but the waiting just sucks. and each day that goes by just helps cement for me that I'll wind up getting rejected by everyone including my agent. grrr...I hate paranoia, and that I choose a profession that pretty much breeds that...well, doesn't say much for my intelligence does it? LOL...feel for you hun.


8:36 PM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


Oh, do I EVER know how that is, Vivienne!

Here's hoping you get the GREAT variety of news and not that blecky other kind :)


9:31 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela