Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Happy Saturday

OMG, yesterday ended up being the day from h-e-double-hockey-sticks. I received a rejection from an agent I was very hopeful about; my hubby's 19 yr old poured a bunch of plastic bb's down our kitchen sink; and now our dishwasher and garbage disposal won't work (I think the effing bb's clogged them up). The kids were killing each other; and the five year old decided to throw a fit in the middle of the street when we walked down to a garage sale and discovered the people had already closed up shop.

Because I was so upset about the rejection, I lost it. I had a total meltdown. Hubby felt so bad he bought me a card with Godzilla on the front chewing up a train. Bless him :)

Just because I'm a masochist, I sent an email query to another agent at about 10:00 last night. She requested sample chapters within two minutes. Yay! Because I was so upset, I scurried around the house cleaning. As a result, this morning I woke up to a tidy house. Another yay! The kids are still sleeping...so peace reigns for at least another hour. A third yay! And the garbage disposal and dishwasher...well, I don't know what the heck we'll do about those :(

Anyone. Please tell me--when, oh when do teenagers grow up?!

posted by Tawny Taylor at 7:55 AM |

4 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Jen:


Oh Tawny. I'm so sorry. It's so tough when it all comes down at once. I hope you get a little peace and quiet this morning. It's not even 6am here and I woke up for a little quiet time. I hope today goes a lot better.
Congrats on the partial request. Yayyyy!


8:49 AM 
Commented by Blogger Shelli Stevens:


Hey Tawny that sucks! But I thought you had an agent? *scratching my head in confusion* In any case, a two minute reply from an agent to send stuff? Ugh, that's fabulous!

I love the fact that your hubby bought you a godzilla card, or was it king kong, can't scroll back right now. Anyway, that's pretty funny!


2:27 AM 
Commented by Blogger Lia:


I'm sorry, Tawny. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this query will have better results!


12:56 AM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


Thanks for all the support!

At times, I wonder if I'll find another agent. It's difficult finding an agent who is enthusiastic about your work, well-connected with publishers and experienced. {sigh}


8:12 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela