Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The hardest part of writing...

I wondering how many of you out there in cyberland feel the same way:

It is SO HARD to sit down every day and write. So hard. Usually, once I get going, I'm okay. But it's the getting-going part that's tough. I want to poke around blogs and check yahoo groups I never post to (I am a terrible lurker). I hit refresh a bazillion times on Romance Divas to see what new and exciting posts are going up there.

Why am I such a procrastinator? Gah!

The thing is I’ve been doing this long enough now (since the summer of 2001) to know it’s absolutely essential I sit my butt in my chair and write every day. Yes, I take weekends off. I work Saturdays at the bookstore and Sundays are family time. But Monday through Friday, I must write. Ten pages a day. Fifty pages a week.

Whenever I talk to a new writer, the first bit of advice I give them is to write something EVERY day. I’m so bad at taking my own advice :)

Time to get to work...

posted by Tawny Taylor at 11:14 AM |

5 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Vivienne King:


oh wow, tawny! that's soooo me. I think I've hit refresh at RD about 50 times already today. lol

and yes, once I get in the zone I can go and go and go...but jeez, forcing myself to focus is soooo hard.

as you can tell, I'm here instead of at my desk. lol.

okay, you inspired me, going to wrap up the last 30-40 pgs of my novella.


5:21 PM 
Commented by Blogger Shelli Stevens:


Oh that's so funny! I just posted about this same subject in the Cobblestone Press blog today.

I love checking email, blog stats, who signed my blog, my bank balance, ebay.. anything! Hee hee.

It's human nature I think :)


3:12 AM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


Ooooh. We're on the same vibe, Shelley :)

Good luck kicking the procrastination habit. I did my ten pages yesterday but the struggle starts all over again today :)


7:51 AM 
Commented by Blogger Vivienne King:


well I did 12 pages last night, am aiming for at least another 10 pages tonight.

I'm desperate to get this project done. Is it just me or does it get hard to finish a project when you near the end?

hmmm...sounds like a good blog entry. lol.

more procrastination here I come. :p


6:27 PM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


Sounds like you're doing great, Vivienne! Hope you make your goal tonight.

Me, I did NO writing today. Not that I sat around surfing either. I was polishing my two wips, specifically the first three chapters. Tomorrow I get to tackle the synopses.

Yay...not.


6:31 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela