Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It's almost here!

What "it" am I talking about? Romantic Times Booklovers Convention in Daytona. I've been planning for it since last October and let me tell you, I'm excited, nervous. Both. It's my first writing conference.

When I decided to go last fall, I had NO idea how much planning, preparation and money was involved. I was clueless. I didn't go overboard with buying thousands of giveaways and I still spent a tidy sum on promo stuff. I have book bags and cosmetic mirrors, pens, postcards, business cards and bookmarks. I'm in four co-op promo items: flower seed packets and the "official" EC playing card deck PLUS two co-op baskets. But I'll tell ya, I could've spent a whole lot more.

I do admit I went a little bonkers on the costumes, specifically for the Ellora's Cave party and the Fairy Ball. I LOVE sewing costumes. RT gave me the opportunity to try a new historical era--Victorian. I've always sewn earlier costumes, mainly Elizabethan. That was a fun change :) I'm dressing up as a Moulin Rouge can-can dancer for the EC party and I have a Victorian peacock ball gown for the Fairy Ball. I CAN'T WAIT!

What's the point of all this rambling? Well...I'm nervous and I want to make this trip pay off. Plus I want to have FUN. I can't say whether I'll be able to go again next year. There's a good chance I won't.

Anyone who's been there have any tips?

posted by Tawny Taylor at 7:58 AM |

2 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Vivienne King:


and that is exactly why I'm dying to go to a convention. a fairy ball costume.

sigh...

I've never been to one, but I will tell you this: have a blast girl...for all us unlucky fools who get to stay at home staring at the screen with their hair all frizzed out and twiddling their thumbs. Or in my case, whipping up the next national bestseller!

*very big snort there* ;)


2:54 AM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


I've been there! Twiddling thumbs. And afterward, there's this afterglow, where everyone posts about all the fun they had. And you're sitting at home, reading all those blogs, WISHING you'd been there too.

Hopefully you'll snag a HUGE deal and be able to go to RT next year, Vivienne! I really hope that's the case. We can dress in fairy ball costumes together :)


8:59 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela