Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Monday, May 22, 2006

I'm half dead but grinning like a goof

Last week was SOMETHING ELSE! OMG. For those who don't know, this was my first RT conference. It was everything I expected...and some!

I have to sit down and take some time to let it all sink in. I met so many fantastic people and I have a lot of following up to do. I hung out with authors Beverly Havlir, Sylvia Day and Shelley Bradley. I shook my groove thang with Patrice Michelle, Divas Kristen and Laura, and the gang from EC (Brian, you're the coolest computer geek I've met). I did a meet and greet with LA Banks. The woman gives the BEST hugs :) I met editors. I met booksellers. I met readers. And I had tons of pictures taken in my costumes. I was pathetically lazy snapping pictures myself, so I'm hoping some of them will end up on the web where I can see them :)

Anyway, as soon as I get my poor aching and exhausted bod back to normal, I'll post more. I can tell you this--I'll never forget my first RT. Never!

posted by Tawny Taylor at 9:33 AM |

3 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Jen:


I'm so glad you had a good time, Tawny. How did the pitch go? Did you have some time to get spoiled in a spa-like way? Nosey minds want to know.
Hanging out with Sylvia Day--how cool. You lucky author, you.


10:33 AM 
Commented by Anonymous Lynn Daniels:


Glad you had a great time, Tawny! I can't wait to hear more about it.


11:55 AM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


Hi Jen,

I did get to pitch, and I was nervous as heck. My mouth dried out and it was hard to talk, LOL. But everything went great and I have some packages to send out :)

Time to get spoiled? No way. Since this was such a big deal and huge expense, I wanted to make the most of every minute. My days (and nights) were packed with meetings, workshops, etc. No time for a massage.

And thanks, Lynn :) RT is really something. I'd suggest anyone looking to get into the romance industry attend at least one. There are so many opportunities to network, talk to book sellers, editors and agents. That alone is worth the cost.


9:50 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela