Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

RT Pictures!

I have to admit, I was really nervous about RT. Yes, I was excited too. I'd been planning for this conference since last October, and I still felt I could've done more. I'm determined to start planning for next year's starting right now :)

The week started out a little rough. My plane out of Atlanta was delayed because of a broken toilet. We sat in that plane for an hour, waiting for them to fix the problem. That left me arriving in Daytona at almost 11:00 and the hotel at almost 12:00am. I was dead dog tired. But do you think I could fall asleep? Noooooo. My roomie, Ann, and I sat up talking like old friends until something like 2:00am.

The next morning, I dragged my weary butt out of bed, admired the gorgeous view out the window and then showered.


Isn't it amazing?!

I was late getting moving, missed the morning mixer. I did, however, get registed, was able to put my goodies out on Promo Alley, and stood in line for the book room. Over the course of the four days, I think I made it to about 2/3rds of the events I'd planned on attending. It seemed I was always late for everything. It didn't help that the events were scattered from one end of the hotel to the other. Oh, and I did manage to stick my foot in the ocean for a split second on Thursday. See that black dot on the beach? That's me :)


The EC party Wednesday night was a BLAST! The best party all week. The music was great, and even though I was dragging, I danced my butt off. That's Sylvia Day on the left. She's such a doll!


I had someone snap a picture of me with my book covers, but wouldn't you know it, we caught it just as Will was shutting it off? Check out the huge shadow. LOL


Thursday started with me being one person too late to get a gift bag at Mary Janice Davidson's morning mixer. I gave the poor woman in front of me a serious case of guilt, LOL. At the EC breakfast, we snapped pictures of the Fantasy Club and I ran around gathering signatures on my deck of cards. I popped into the EC spotlight and even commented on a couple of the questions. That night was Heather Graham's vampire ball. The show was hilarious! And I had a great time talking to Divas Laura and Kristen. Check us out, with LA Banks.


By Friday, I was feeling like I'd been run over by a Mack truck. On average, I got about 3 hours of sleep a night. Partying until midnight or later, then up at dawn. It was taking its toll. I ran around, missing most of the events I'd planned on attending, but enjoying some quiet time with new friends. I popped in on the Changeling group and stole Kate Douglas' seat :) And then I ran off to a local mall with a group doing PR for the Saturday book fair. LA Banks was there and I have to say she's an absolutely sweet, kind and down-to-earth lady. And she gives the best hugs :)

Friday night was a night to remember. The decorations for the Fairy Ball were gorgeous. Everyone looked terrific in their costumes. I mean everyone. The line for the costume contest was HUGE and there were literally dozens of stunning costumes. It was a real honor to have been chosen as one of the winners. I was incredibly flattered!

Thanks to Kate Douglas for snapping this shot!

And here I am with Jaci Burton and Sylvia Day. They both looked amazing in their costumes.


Check out Ann Jacobs. That woman's had like...seven kids?! And she looks amazing in her belly dancing costume.


I even conned Chey and Kathryn Falk into getting a picture with me :)


And that's Sheri back there (Changeling Press). We were goofing around later. She's an absolute sweetheart too.


Finally, I had to pose with the one-in-a-million, JC Wilder. Hugs and smooches to JC. The woman has a heart the size of Montana!


I didn't get any pictures of the book fair, but if any pop up I'll post them. I met a lot of wonderful ladies that day, the whole week. I'll never forget this trip, and I can't wait for next year. I feel I made a lot of new friends. I just wish I didn't have to wait an entire 11 months to see them again.

posted by Tawny Taylor at 7:49 AM |

8 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Karen:


What great pictures! Thanks for sharing them ;)


10:05 AM 
Commented by Blogger Jen:


Tawny how awesome! You know, it sounds hectic though. I'm so glad you had a good time and you looks fabulous darling. Great pics. Especially the one of you and your covers. LOL.
Thanks for sharing your time at RT with us.


10:25 AM 
Commented by Blogger Shawn:


Loved the pictures Tawny! I'm glad you have a fantastic time.


5:51 AM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


Thanks ladies! I did. I had a great time, and I'm determined to go next year no matter what. I'm hooked! RT's rock!


9:43 AM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


speaking of pictures, Shawn, is that you in your little icon thingy? What a great shot!


9:44 AM 
Commented by Blogger Cora Zane:


Oh, gosh! Thanks Tawny for posting these. I wish I could have gone this year but for financial reasons it was in impossibility. The gowns are awesome. Thanks for sharing!


9:08 PM 
Commented by Blogger Lia:


Tawny, thanks for posting the pictures. The costumes look amazing. RT sounds like so much fun! I'll have to see if I can manage it next year.


12:04 AM 
Commented by Blogger Annalee Blysse:


Looks like fun! Nice post here.


12:03 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela