Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Friday, May 12, 2006

TGIF! And an early Happy Mother's Day

I have no real subject matter to post about today. I'm just relishing my new office (yay! I can stretch my arms without knocking Tickle Me Elmo off the shelf next to my elbow!), sending out a new batch of queries to agents while waiting (im)patiently for the others to get back to me, and doing some revisions on MARK OF THE BEAST based on some feedback I received from an agent who recently rejected it.

I'm also getting packed for RT. There's so much stuff to remember! UGH! I've printed out a packing list to try to avoid forgetting something. But I just know I'll still forget something anyway. That's me. I'm so flighty sometimes it aggravates me. I’ll probably check something off my packing list, thinking I’ve put it in my suitcase but having forgotten I’d taken it out for some reason. I’m scared as you-know-what about RT. I tend to stutter and stumble over my words when I’m nervous. I know I’m going to look like a moron.

And I’m still scrubbing the house. Such is the glamorous life of a romance author...not! Obsess about writing. Obsess about rejections. Obsess about conferences and scrub toilets. LOL

So, those who aren’t able to go, think about me, will you? Say a few prayers that something really great comes out of this. I can’t believe how much work (not to mention money!) this was. Ouch.

Finally, Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there! Enjoy your special day!

I'm hoping to post next week Monday and Tuesday...and then I'll be off to Daytona Tuesday night.

posted by Tawny Taylor at 9:55 AM |

5 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Jen:


Sending tons of good thoughts your way. I'm sure the professionals at RT are used to nervous authors and won't think you're a moron. Doesn't help to know that, I know, but it might reassure you later.
I'm so thrilled for you that you get to go!!! Have FUN. I think you rock and so will they.


11:49 AM 
Commented by Blogger Laine Morgan:


I hope to see you at the bookfair Saturday!


2:56 PM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


Yes! That sounds like fun, Laine. It's almost here! I'm so geeked.


3:54 PM 
Commented by Blogger Shelli Stevens:


I'm so jealous of you guys!! RT!? *sigh* Have fun! And happy mother's day to you, too, Tawny!


3:58 PM 
Commented by Blogger Amanda Brice:


Have fun Tawny! I'm sure you;ll have a blast down there. Happy Mother's Day!


5:30 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela