Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Friday, June 09, 2006

TGIF!

I'm sleep deprived, having been up all night taking care of sick kids. But at the same time, I'm giddy. Things are happening. Finally! I'm breathing a little easier again. It feels goooooooood.

While I was up with the baby, I did some thinking. Really deep thinking. About writing. About my strengths and weaknesses. What I want from my career. You know, I thought I knew the answer to that. But in reality, I didn't. I had a hazy picture of what I wanted to accomplish but no idea, really, how I'd get there.

Now that I've started exploring this stuff, I feel a new sense of direction. And I'm excited! There's a new project I may tackle, that I'm hoping will be IT, the one that might get me where I'm wanting to go. It's an exciting time!

And so, fellow authors, I challenge you to sit down and look at your writing. What are your strengths and weaknesses? What books have done the best for you and why do you think that is? Where do you see yourself in the marketplace? What do you want readers to think of when they read/hear/see your name? And then how are you going to get there?

Have a great weekend!

posted by Tawny Taylor at 9:06 AM |

5 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Bibliophile Bitch:


Saw your posts over on CC and decided to take a gander over. Nice blog.
I wasn't kidding about wanting to read your stuff. Off to click and find "Stolen Goddess".
Hope you really are as sadistic as you say. I like that stuff.


11:09 PM 
Commented by Blogger Jen:


I think my greatest weakness is structure. Grammar, punctuation and so on is a struggle for me. I think my strength is my characterizations. I pay close attention to make sure my characters are consistent.
Have a great weekend, Tawny.


2:19 AM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


Hi bibliophile! Your shitty kitty comment KILLED me! LOL

Thanks for popping in! Stolen Goddess has kidnapping, seduction and bondage. Sound like your thing? I hope you love it!


8:21 AM 
Commented by Blogger Babe King:


My weakness is staying focused, I'm easily wow was that a chocolate and pretty ... pink ... blurry, um, what was I saying?
Oh, and I think my humor is my strength because people laughing with me instead of at me has to be an improvement. :-)


8:18 AM 
Commented by Blogger Ciar Cullen:


I think that's terrific advice. I recently went through some stuff (agent search, burnout, etc.) and realized I was putting too much pressure on myself too soon. I feel so much relief, such a burden lifted from my shoulder. Just giving myself permission to do this in my own good time, improve, have fun! I wish you all the best, whatever your inner writer told you to do! xoxo Ciar


1:31 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela