Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Bombshell Bombs?

What is this rumor I hear? Of Harlequin giving Bombshell the ax? Could it be true?

It most definitely is:

http://community.eharlequin.com/webx?50@546.dictaByvTek.454181@.4a83db47/

And what is the reason for shutting down a line that has just gotten started? It "has not been able to find broad-based readership" aka poor sales.

There are tons of folks speculating on the reasons for this line's failure to reach an audience, the most logical being it was published by a house with a population of readers who have come to expect an HEA in every book they read. Bombshell didn't always deliver that.

I feel for the authors who launched series in that line, series that may never be completed. I feel for loyal readers who are saddened to lose their favorite characters. But business is business and publishers must make money to survive.

I haven't read a Bombshell, but I intend to pick a couple up. Why haven't I read one? Perhaps because I didn't really understand what they were supposed to be. A "category" action/adventure? Kickass heroines? Where's the alpha hero? I NEED an alpha hero!

I'm thinking Nocturne, which may not have originally been intended to replace the line, with its dark paranormal elements and alpha males will sell circles around Bombshell.

Hugs to the orphaned Bombshell authors! I've heard their books were wondeful! I hope their careers continue to grow and the line's closing leads to new and exciting opportunities for them.

posted by Tawny Taylor at 10:13 AM |

3 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Bernita:


Hope another door opens for them.


10:55 AM 
Commented by Blogger M.E Ellis:


I read about this on Bernita's blog. Sad.

Digging your new banner, missus.

Hey...strike a pose...VOGUE!

ROFL

:o)


4:00 PM 
Commented by Blogger Marie Bellevaux:


I think you hit it on the head. Not many people knew what they were...non-romances that looked like adventures placed with series romances. But I think you may have struck a bigger cord--no alpha male. Hey, kick ass heroines rock, but I want a man in there to stand toe to toe with her, and show her a passion beyond any other.


12:48 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela