Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Monday, August 14, 2006

Fly Paper and Toddlers


Look at this face. Is this the face of a child who leaves a trail of destruction in his wake? Beautiful blond hair. Big blue eyes. Adorable clefted chin. An angel.

Looks can be SO deceiving.

It’s boredom. I know it. He’s smart, even if he still isn’t talking and he’s two. He gets bored with his toys, and that’s when the trouble starts.

He was in rare form today. I cleaned up one disaster after another: this morning’s soggy cereal ground into the couch; Matchbox cars in the garbage disposal; a masterpiece painted in macaroni and cheese on the dining room wall; the list goes on and on. The pinnacle of today’s toddler-ness: when Jacob found the sticky fly glue stuff my hubby'd left in the kitchen...and glued his hands to his belly.

SIGH...

After trying an assortment of cleaners, including nail polish remover, gallons of liquid soap, and even a little WD40 (hubby’s idea) I went to my computer and opened a browser window.

Google: "Remove fly paper"

For anyone with toddlers who spend their days LOOKING for trouble, remember this: vegetable oil (apply liberally) works magic on gooey industrial adhesives!

Thank GOD for Google!

Funny though...wonder how long he'll smell like fried chicken...

posted by Tawny Taylor at 8:40 PM |

7 Comments:

Commented by Anonymous Leigh Royals:


LOL, Fried chicken!
He IS adorable, so Is My littel she devil. She really is an angel...when she's sleeping. Her case is boredom too. So smart, so much to destroy. Had to get vaseline out of EVERYTHING once. Man, that stunk. Cute story though!


10:34 PM 
Commented by Blogger Kristen Painter:


Mmmm...fried chicken...


10:44 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Debbie E:


Thank goodness you are young!

I'm too old for chasing a toddler...

How do you do it all Tawny?


10:58 PM 
Commented by Blogger Jen:


I wasn't laughing. I was sympathizing. Thanks for the insight. Vege Oil. Got it. That also removes pitch from trees.
*shakes head*. Funny, yes unless you're doing it...as I am too.
I birthed Mr. Destructo. No window won't be broken. No wall undecorated with red crayon. He is.....Mr. Destructo.


11:24 PM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


LOLOL Jen. You must own stock in Mr. Clean (those Magic Erasers work like...er, magic)

Leigh, he's done that with the Vaseline too :) His hair looked bizarre for days afterward. Shampoo doesn't take it out very well. LOL

Hahahhaha, Kristen :)

And Debbie, I don't do it all. My house is a disaster and my poor hubby gets frustrated sometimes. But I try my best and I've learned to live with less than perfection.


10:01 AM 
Commented by Blogger M.E Ellis:


LMAO!

I've so been there! Poor you!

:o)


5:19 PM 
Commented by Blogger Laine Morgan:


He's a doll!


4:59 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela