Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Friday, August 25, 2006

I went. I saw. I got free stuff.



So...this afternoon I packed up the kiddies, threatened them with death if they misbehaved (not really, but I did promise adequate rewards if they were good) and headed out to a local KMart to check out KMart's Sizzling Summer Reads tour. How could I resist? Check out this lineup!

Jacquie d'Alessandro
Mary Balogh
Sabrina Jeffries
Candice Hern
Allison Brennan
Karen Rose
Susan Andersen
Brenda Novak
Susan Kearney
Marjorie M. Liu
Gena Showalter
Gemma Halliday
Pamela Britton

I mean OMG! I was in TOTAL geek-fan-girl mode, and I swear, I set a new record for number of words spoken in a 60-second timeframe. LOL. WHY oh why can't I behave when I get in front of an author I admire?!

Regardless, it was wonderful meeting the folks I've emailed, chatted with, or merely admired from afar. I bought several books and they'll find themselves perched on my keeper shelf forever.

For those who might be within driving distance, here is the agenda for the rest of the weekend. All locations are in Michigan:

Friday

5:00 Kmart, 33400 Seven Mile Rd, Livonia

Saturday

10:00am Kmart 16705 Fort St., Southgate

11:30 am Kmart 21111 Van Born, Taylor

2:30 pm Kmart 31200 Schoenherr, Warren

Sunday

12:00 Kmart 12730 S. Saginaw St., Grand Blanc

2:30 Kmart 5100 Dixie Hwy, Waterford

5:00 Kmart 100 E. Maple Rd, Troy

Pictures!


Gena Showalter. Absolutely gorgeous. I felt like a total frump standing next to her. But she's also very kind and forgiving of stuttering fan-girl authors :)

Allison Brennan has taught workshops on the Romance Divas. She's a lovely woman, and very nice.

Me with fellow Diva, Gemma. She came all the way from California! I was so happy to meet her at last!

The kiddies played with those blue "clappers" all the way home. Good thing it was a short drive :)

That's it for pix. I would've taken more, but I started to feel funny. No one else was running around with a camera snapping photographs like a madwoman, LOL.

Seriously, I had a great time, every single one of the authors were super friendly and tolerant of the crazy, yammering wanna-be author (me).

Hope they have a successful tour! Save travels!

posted by Tawny Taylor at 5:00 PM |

5 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Michelle Arroyo:


Tawny, I don't believe frumpy is ever true for you. I love all the pics!

Your daughter is making a most amusing face in that pick, and I second the short trip re those clappers. Oy!


7:26 PM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


LOLOL! I didn't even notice her expression.

You're very sweet to say that about my non-frumpiness :)


7:37 PM 
Commented by Blogger Ann Cory:


Oh my gosh Tawny - you are totally adorable! What a pretty smile :) Loved the pics!! And you are the pic of class(well, and sass)

:)


3:13 AM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


You're very kind, Ann. I swear I wasn't fishing for compliments, but I do appreciate them.

You see, I'd spent five years losing weight. I'd just bought myself a new "skinny" wardrobe, and then...I found out I was preggers with baby #5. He's now 2, and I've lost about half the weight. I'm struggling, REALLY struggling to shake the rest. I live on so little food, my two-year-old eats more than me. And if you know the picky eating habits of a toddler, you know how little that can be :)


9:52 AM 
Commented by Blogger Lisa:


Tawny, I am so jealous this tour isn't coming to New Jersey! Love the pictures and the kidlets are adorable too. You're a better mom than I - I would have snatched those blue clappers the second they were loaded into the car. ;-)


11:21 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela