Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Seeing Stars


I spent the past weekend doing book signings in Ohio. It’s always a joy meeting people who have read my books, talking to them, finding out what they enjoyed (or hated) about my stories. And it’s incredibly flattering when someone looks at little ole me with stars in their eyes, as if I’m someone special or important.

I’m just a suburban housewife with a bazillion kids.

But, I can relate to being star struck. I’ve been on the other side of the table MANY times.

At the Romantic Times Booklover’s convention this past spring, I stood in line for close to an hour to meet one of my all-time favorite authors. When I finally stood in front of her, I stumbled over my words, stuttering and sounding like a total lame goon.

Who have I made a fool of myself in front of?

Let’s see...there was MaryJanice Davidson and Erin McCarthy. And I can’t forget about when I met Jaid Black and Lora Leigh for the first time...and many, many others.

Who am I dying to meet?

Katie MacAlister
Janet Evanovich
Dan Brown

And guess what? This week I get to be a total stuttering fan! There’s a bus full of authors heading my way, including Gena Showalter (happy squee!), Susan Kearney (goofy grin), Allison Brennan (yippie!), and Gemma Halliday (giddy giggle)! I. Can’t. Wait!

So, what authors put stars in your eyes? Have you met any? And who would you love to meet?

I’m giving away a free print copy of my upcoming Kensington release, Sex and the Single Ghost to one lucky reader! Post a response on Access Romance's All-A-Blog for a chance to win. I’ll randomly draw a name before noon on Thursday, Aug. 24. Good luck!


posted by Tawny Taylor at 9:59 PM |

3 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Jen:


Allison Brennen, Elizabeth Lowell, Elizabeth Peters, Amanda Quick, would have me starstruck.
Who I'd love to meet, but may not have me stuttering, Crystal Jordan, Sara Dennis, Dayna Hart, Stacy Holmes all great authors that I would love to meet one on one.
I'd probably stutter if I actually met you face to face. *hides face in embarrassment*.


11:03 AM 
Commented by Blogger M.E Ellis:


I'd love to meet Sarah Salway. We're online friends, but to laugh my ass of with her for real would be lovely.

:o)


1:57 PM 
Commented by Blogger Zinnia:


I can't get into any of Evanovich's material. Believe me, I've tried. The only thing I've read of DAn Brown's that I like id Deception Point. That is a great novel. I absolutely adore Philippa Gregory, though. The Other Boleyn Sister is devine.


8:03 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela