Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Guy on Guy...what's the verdict?


Okay, I read a post about the RT survey and had to go see what that was all about. CLICK HERE

It seems RT has taken notice of the recent trend in erotica--specifically the increase in male/male storylines. I’ll admit right here and now I have NOT read a male/male sex scene yet. So I am totally ignorant on this topic.

What I wonder is--what is it about a male/male sex scene that appeals to readers? Clearly, there are a LOT of readers who LOVE this sort of thing. And I am NOT looking for an excuse to condemn them. I’m curious. That’s all. After having spent more than my fair share of time in “gay” bars back in the day (mid-80’s, when I was in college), and being a firsthand witness to intimacy between two men, I’m a little perplexed about why this subject matter is so hot right now.

Perhaps some suggestions on some books to read? I’d like to explore this further, but I don’t know where to start. Tell me, what books have you read? Can you pinpoint what it is about the scenes that is so erotic? Was the woman a part of the scene? Or was it strictly a gay erotica/romance story? And what (if anything) did you feel was missing from the books you have found so far?

Also, if you haven’t already, take a second and vote on RT’s poll. This could perhaps help them determine what books they will consider for review in the future.

posted by Tawny Taylor at 8:00 AM |

3 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Eva Gale:


I have no idea on the m/m :0)

I just wanted to tell you about a great catalog I get called Victorian Trading Co. You'll love it.

I've read Emma Holly with some m/m action, but I've never sought out a book because of it. I, personally wonder about the psycology of the craze.


9:08 AM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


OOoh thanks Eva!!! I'm going to have to Google that one--Victorian Trading...


6:12 PM 
Commented by Blogger Eva Gale:


You know, one of these day's I'm going to have to learn to spell.

www.victoriantradingco.com

I have the paper and lust over it often.


11:07 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela