Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My Book Trailer!

Book trailers--mini-movies--seem to be all the rage these days. I've heard they're even being shown in movie theaters.

The problem is, they're extremely expensive, can cost as much as $400. OUCH!

Being the stubborn person I am, I refuse to pay that kind of money on something that many people won't bother watching. Granted, the professionally done ones are GORGEOUS. My cobbled together trailer won't compare. However, I wanted to post this to show folks that you CAN make a trailer that is attractive for minimal cost.

My tools:

Adobe Photoshop (for the still graphics)
A $3 royalty-free photograph, along with several free pictures
MS Movie Maker 2 (with free Creativity Pack)
Free MP3 soundclip
A free account at YouTube.com






This one belongs to Eden Bradley. She created it using the same tools.



So, what do you say? Are they obnoxious? Do you ignore them? Or do you find yourself watching them like I do?


posted by Tawny Taylor at 12:11 AM |

8 Comments:

Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


Tawny I loved your trailer! Very edgy...very sexy...very well done! I've seen people pay professionals and not get a video this good.
Online marketing is not a passing trend. Having the talent to create your own video is almost a "must" these days. I hope you'll make more!
Sheila Clover English


3:18 AM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


Oh wow! Thanks so much Sheila! What a wonderful compliment!

I had a terrible time making this thing. The Service Pack download crashed my computer and I spent hours on the phone yesterday with Microsoft. Grrrrr! So what should have taken a couple hours to do took me all day.

But it's done and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm limited with what I can do, because I'm not using a more sophisticated software. But at this point, I'm not willing to shell out the big dollars for something better.


8:56 AM 
Commented by Anonymous Lynn Daniels:


I think they're great!

I'll admit I don't go out of my way to watch book trailers, but when somebody I know online has posted one, I'll usually stop to give it a try.

I'm very impressed with yours.


9:44 AM 
Commented by Blogger Kristen Painter:


I told you you could do it!


11:36 AM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


Thanks Lynn and Kristen!

Now, if I could just stop TWEAKING! I must stop playing and get back to work. Must...stop...playing...oh heck. Maybe I'll make just one more :)


7:32 PM 
Commented by Blogger Diana Castilleja:


That was gorgeous! I wouldn't have known any better if you hadn't said it wasn't professionally done. And Eden's... I love the beach shots!

Honestly, I'm not a big watcher, mostly because I have an older OS and a small processor, but those were nice! If they are done by folks I know, I'm more inclined to watch too. :)


11:38 PM 
Commented by Blogger Eden Bradley:


Tawny I love these-and thanks for posting mine. :)
Your trailer for Sex and the Single Ghost spooked me, but then, I'm a big chicken-LOL! But I love the mood of it, anyway.
I always watch these trailers-and making mine was fun! I think for our first attempts, we both did pretty well!


3:49 AM 
Commented by Blogger Vivi Anna:


I love book trailers. I always watch them.

I thought yours were great Tawny!


12:50 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela