Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Think you've received the WORST rejection letter ever?

Check out this one (agent's name changed by original poster, not me *g*):

"Dear X,
Thank you for your query and I would like you to know I read it with deep interest. By the end though I found your style about as opposite for me as I could ever find. The grammar needed work, the punctuation needed... well, to be there. I apologize I must reject representing your project, and though this isn't something I do often, I would like to say that if you ever decide to query me again, I will reject that as well. I have included two form rejection slips with this rare personalized letter, one for this query and one for the next you may send. Best, Agent PoopyHead"

Ease the sting of your last rejection. Read more HERE. Or post anonymously and give others a reason to feel better about the last stinger they opened.

posted by Tawny Taylor at 9:49 AM |

5 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Amanda Brice:


Wow. Just wow.

But I don't think that one could possibly be true.


5:10 PM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


Ya know, my first reaction was the same. And there's no way to know for certain whether the poster made it up or not. But I will say I've had some REALLY nasty rejections before. Insultingly nasty, unlike the vast majority posted on that site.

I'd never post them, though. Not even anonymously. Who knows? Maybe the person/people who'd sent them would remember them? I'm not talking about a vague "Dear Author" type rejection letter here. I'm talking about a personalized rejection.


5:27 PM 
Commented by Blogger Bernita:


"as opposite for me..."
???

Think it's fake.


7:54 AM 
Commented by Blogger Rashenbo:


Heh, I've read quite a few rejection letters, but this one doesn't really look anything like them. I would maybe support berinta when she says she thinks it's a fake. Although... there is always room for possibility.


4:30 PM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


It could very well be a fake. But it is amusing. And there are plenty of others on that site that seem more realistic.

WOW, offtopic here, but my word verification was "luvcry".


12:26 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela