Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Monday, November 06, 2006

What does "Success" mean to you?

One of the Divas posted a thought-provoking poll today on the forum about success as a writer. Her question--what makes a writer a “success”.

Does getting published make you a success? What about multiple contracts? With New York houses? Getting high sales? Awards and recognition from reviewers? Acquiring a dedicated readership? All of the above? LOL

Seems to me it's kind of the elusive treasure. The writer's grail.

The more you achieve, the more you know you've yet to accomplish. It's frustrating and yet exhilarating at the same time. There’s always something yet to aim for, a higher plateau to reach. Kind of reminds me of mountain climbing (not that I’ve ever done that, LOL--the closest I’ve gotten is a fifteen foot faux rock face in the Ann Arbor Science museum) Each of us are traveling on our own journeys, each scaling a different face of (perhaps ?) the same mountain. Yet for some, the struggle will be minimal and for others the way will be nearly impossible. (I think I’m in the latter group, LOL. No easy road here.)

Where’s my peak? The point I seek? My measure of success?

My aspiration is to write stories people love. I want to see their eyes sparkle when they talk about my books, my characters. That’s my ultimate wish.

What’s yours?

posted by Tawny Taylor at 8:36 PM |

0 Comments:

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela