Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Weight Loss and a Rant


Today's post has nothing to do with writing. I wanted to post about something more personal.

If you're a Diva, you may have seen my little weight loss ticker in my sig line. Since the birth of my fifth child almost three years ago, I have been struggling to lose the weight I gained during pregnancy. It has been a long, hard road. In nearly three years, I have come down five dress sizes. These last ten pounds have been particularly difficult to shake. I have been following a low-cal diet and moderate daily exercise plan since January with fairly good results. I've hit a couple plateaus, and have had my frustrations, but I'm finally starting to feel like I look like me again (for those who've been thin all her life then spent some time heavier, you might know to what I mean by that).

The secret for me is using a journal to record both my exercise and daily intake of calories. To simplify things, I eat prepackaged (but AFFORDABLE) foods (Lean Pockets, South Beach Diet bars, Michelina's Lean Gourmet dinners). I eat five to six times a day, to keep from getting shaky and cranky, with each "meal" being roughly 150-250 calories each. And my brand of exercise is 35 minutes of jogging every weekday morning (I take weekends off). Those thirty-five minutes are agony, but the walking wasn't cutting it anymore. I had to increase the intensity.

For those looking for an easy-to-use journal, you could improvise like I do, or you could try something like this one Keyoe, recommended by a fellow Ellora's Cave author who has lost over a hundred pounds with it. There is a free trial version available for download. I gave it a try, and found it extremely easy to use.

Now, for the rant. Since I'm currently at a weight I haven't seen in many years, I've had to do some clothes shopping. It has taken me forever to find a pair of black pants that fit properly. Seriously. I've tried on hundreds of pairs.

Why, oh why, don't women's clothes come in waist sizes, like men's? There is such a huge difference in fit between brands (or even within brands--with different styles and fits). It makes it so hard to find a pair of pants that fit.

Do you have any diet tips, suggestions for making exercise tolerable, or rants about fashion/clothing/trends? Post away!

Labels: , , , ,


posted by Tawny Taylor at 8:48 AM |

2 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Barbara V:


I am going to give it a shot to the diet that you mention. I need to lose a good 15 pounds.


12:30 PM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


For me (I'm 40), the trick was the exercise. When I dieted only, I didn't lose a pound. My metabolism just slowed to a crawl, and I felt tired and yucky.

My recommendation would be to check with a doctor first, to make sure you're in good health and then implement 30 minutes of exercise a day/five days a week at a minimum. Whatever kind of exercise you decide to do, it must be intense enough to raise your heart rate and make you sweat. That will allow the diet to work.


1:07 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela