Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Back to the Grind

Today, I'm committed to getting back to my routine. I started the day with thirty minutes on the treadmill. It's been a couple weeks since I'd last exercised regularly. Ughhhhhhh...

Evidently, two weeks is a long enough time for me to lose some of my conditioning. I felt like I was going to die.

Next (after I chased the kids out the door for school), I sat down to write this blog. I stared at the blank screen forever, completely clueless about what to write. I think two weeks have cost me some of my "mental" conditioning too.

Do you suppose it's possible that the creative centers of our brains work like our muscles do--that exercising them regularly strengthens them? And a lengthy break from regular exercise will cause them to weaken? Looking at this pathetic blog entry, I'm thinking it's entirely possible.

I need to send myself to mental bootcamp and get my grey matter back into shape. Now if I could only figure out what the mental equivalent of pushups is...

Handy Links

Exercises for Writers

Exercises from The Writers List

Writers: Exercises and Warmups

Fifteen Craft Exercises for Writers

Brainstorming for Writers (WikiHow)

General brainstorming/creative thinking exercises

What a Great Idea
Stuck? Think opposites. Shake the tree. Ask questions. Try out some of the inspiring ideas at this site, focused on creative thinking and brainstorming.
White Page Syndrome
This editorial at Whiskey Creek Document Design explores the ways that both writers and designers can overcome "creative block" to get started on a project.
Idea Workout Gym
This is the place to come if you feel your brain getting moldy or it seems that your ideas are coming out like hard little cubes stuck firmly in a very, old box, very rigid box.
So Break Out!
Flex those synapses!

Stretch those neurons!
Break out of that box!

Labels: , ,


posted by Tawny Taylor at 7:58 AM |

3 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Lillian Feisty:


Those are great links, Tawny! It's so hard getting back into the swing of things...


3:08 PM 
Commented by Blogger Chantal:


It's hard to get back on routine with exercise. Last year I joined Curves, but I only went for a few months.
I had a year contract. What a waste of money. I'm way too lazy for exercise.


9:36 PM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


So true, Feisty. I was bad this morning. I didn't run :( I'm having a really hard time getting back into my routine.

And Chantal, I can't tell you how many times I've purchased a membership at a fitness center and then not gone. More often than not. If it isn't convenient, I won't go.


7:38 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela