Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

RT Day Two

After getting roughly three hours of sleep, I dragged my weary body out of bed, stumbled into the shower, and dressed for a loooooong day of promoting, networking, socializing, learning and dancing. On my agenda: a publisher spotlight at 9:00, EC breakfast, lunch with the Changeling gang, several workshops about writing YA (MaryJanice Davidson, Mari Mancusi, Gena Showalter, PC Cast, Caridad Ferrer, Caron Johnson, and others) a mixer hosted by Nocturne and the medieval fairy ball. I didn't make it to several events on that list, lol, but in the end, it all worked out okay. The family was all sick at home, and I ended up fielding calls from a miserable hubby and daughter (Murphy's Law, you know?), and I ran out of steam by mid afternoon. But after a couple of hours resting in my hotel room, I dressed, headed down to the Divas' rooms for some makeup assistance (a huge thank you to Lilian Feisty!), and then made my big entrance at the fairy ball (had to literally leap off the escalator to avoid catching my train in the workings).

I have to say, that night was like nothing I've ever experienced. I learned something about ten seconds in--I'm terribly awkward in front of a camera, lol. That's not to say it wasn't wonderful. It was beyond wonderful. I've always been a girly-girl. For the first time since my wedding, I felt like a princess. And the prize I won--a quilt autographed by the authors on the fairy court is the best prize ever for this fangirl. It's found a new home hanging in my office. LOVE it! Another HUGE thank you to the fairy court, especially Brit Blaise who made it.

I think I finally stumbled up to my room at around 2:00am, so tired my head was spinning, yet so giddy I couldn't fall asleep. I spent an hour stuffing bags for the next morning.

Pix (A big thank you to Kate Douglas for these great shots!)


OMG, I'm sitting with Diane Whiteside and Angela Knight! Squeeeee!

Side shot of my gown.

Me with Judy Mays, winner of RT Reviewer's Choice award.

posted by Tawny Taylor at 7:41 AM |

4 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Gena Showalter:


You are another babe I ran in to! You looked hot, girlie :) Great seeing you at RT.


9:08 AM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


OMG! Gena! Great seeing you too! *fangirl swoon*


9:21 AM 
Commented by Blogger Barbara V:


Love the custom pretty original.


9:59 AM 
Commented by Blogger PC Cast:


Your costume rocked, baby!


9:09 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela