Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Monday, May 07, 2007

Tawny Does Akron 2: College Profs and Printing Presses

Well, I'm back home from my annual jaunt to my home state, Ohio. Gotta say, it was an interesting trip. No, nothing profoundly mind-blowing happened. Nor did we face any life-threatening disaster, thank God. But I did see and hear some fascinating things.


(EC authors Gail Faulkner and Diana Hunter)

First, I'd like to thank the manager of the Howe Ave. Borders store for being such a terrific hostess. She's absolutely wonderful, and I'd be happy to make a return visit anytime. I'd also like to thank the readers who traveled who-knows-how-far to visit with us and finally the staff at EC who also stopped by. The book signing was a huge success. I had a terrific time. In particular, I enjoyed a conversation I had with the young women in the photograph below. One of them attends a college where her professor assigned EC books for an English class (the course was something along the lines of "popular romance fiction"). EC books. Erotic romance. In college classrooms. Who would have ever imagined such a thing?


(Tawny with local readers, one who read her book for an English class)

After the book signing, we headed over to EC's headquarters to watch the new printing equipment in action. For those who don't know, EC's once carefully-guarded secret is a secret no more. Their new "printing partner" is...themself. Ellora's Cave. They now have the capacity to print books in house.

I watched dozens of copies of Animal Urges being printed, glued and trimmed within minutes. The equipment practically runs itself and it's FAST. I was impressed. The quality was top notch. EC now has the plan--and most importantly, the means--to put every EC title into print. Thanks to the new equipment, all five authors at the signing had new books to sign. And authors attending RWA will have new books for the literacy signing in July. I'm looking forward to my backlist coming out in print. I can't see this as anything less than a very good thing for EC, its authors...and most importantly the readers (who have been waiting patiently for their fave authors to have new print releases).


(Tawny holding a copy of Animal Urges, printed seconds earlier)

I'm back home now. Back to my routine. Back to work. It's been an exhausting (and thrilling) couple of weeks, spending so much of it away from home, away from my family, dressing up, meeting new people, traveling, signing books... Even though I had an absolutely wonderful time at the signing and RT, I have to admit, I'm looking forward to settling back into the normal day-to-day--grocery shopping, potty training, dance classes, writing and promoting my next releases: Carpe Nocturne: Kiss Me, Kill Me and Master of Secret Desires.

Tawny
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Erotic Romance by Tawny Taylor
Sydney's Sassy, Sexy Romance

posted by Tawny Taylor at 8:01 AM |

3 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Chantal:


Woah, it must feel so cool to hold your own book fresh of the press.


9:38 PM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


It was VERY exciting!


7:39 AM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


That's awesome!! Very exciting about their new print system!!

I visited EC right when they were getting the new building ready but still in the old building. :)

Michelle
http://michellepillow.com/authorblog/


9:47 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela