Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Book Marketing 101

Many authors are not particularly marketing savvy , often because they have no interest in becoming marketing savvy. I'll admit I'm one of them. I have no problems getting on a Yahoo group and posting a glowing review of a friend's book. But it's agonizing to do the same thing for my own. It just goes against that old "don't brag; it's not nice" thing I learned as a kid, I think.

There's always the question of what to do, where to post, what is time-efficient and what's a waste. Do online chats produce sales? What about MySpace? Do book trailers attract readers or annoy them? And does it pay to shell out big dollars for color ads in trade magazines?

ACK! Is it any wonder some authors are intimidated?

The following site doesn't try to answer all those questions, but it does lay down a basic format for preparing for a PRINT book's release. There are handy links to helpful resources, among other things. I thought it was well written and easy to follow. I hope it's helpful to some of you, too.

http://www.epsteinlarue.com/BookMarketing.htm

Tawny
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Tawny's Erotic Romance
Sydney's Sassy, Sexy Romance
www.erotic-romance.net

posted by Tawny Taylor at 9:41 AM |

4 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Kristen Painter:


I blogged about promo today - must be something in the air. lol


9:19 AM 
Commented by Blogger Babe King:


And I am in the middle of promo since I have 2 new releases this week. "The Marian Kind" at Freya's Bower and "Something Blue" at By Grace publishing. My wise and multi-pubbed CP told me to get myself out there, and I'm trying, but I feel exactly how you say it. Embarrassed. Like I just want people to read some and buy it if they like it. I know the story is good. But the promo- oi! Always a huge headache! Off to look at the site you posted. Thanks.


4:30 AM 
Commented by Blogger Babe King:


er, make that 2 this month, lol-- feels like today has been a year, so I guess all my time periods are off. Can I blame coffee depletion?


4:31 AM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


Good luck with that promoting, Babe! And congratulations on the releases!


8:50 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela