Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Oh Yum? OW/YM

Recently Ellora’s Cave posted the following submission call:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ellora's Cave will be having a special theme series for release in May 2008 -
Older Woman/Younger Man stories. We will accept both quickies (10-15K
words) and novellas (18-30K words) for this series; all must be E
rated.

Submissions deadline is
Dec. 15, 2007.

External submissions deadline is November 15; full story plus
synopsis should be emailed to Submissions@ellorascave.com; put "OW/YM
submission: booktitle" in the email Subject line.

Sincerely,
Raelene Gorlinsky, Publisher
Ellora's Cave Publishing Inc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Older Woman/Younger Man. OW/YM

As the mother of a young man who will turn twenty this fall, I have to admit this scenario does absolutely nothing for me. A woman my age sleeping with a guy in his twenties? Even in my *cough, sputter* forties, my brain is still in the-guy-must-be-older mode. However, I know EC would not put out a series of books if there was no market for them. Which makes me wonder--how widespread is the demand? Is there a substantial market for younger man/older woman stories? And what age differences are we talking? Five years? Ten? More?

I’ll be the first to admit, I would have never guessed m/m would be so popular among heterosexual women. Therefore, blind as I am to potential new trends, I’m going to keep an open mind about this.

Anyone want to share their opinion? I think there's a lot of potential to hit some ICK buttons on people. What's safe? What's taboo?

Tawny

**~*~*~*~*~*~*~**

Vampilicious Erotic Romance

Sydney’s Romance with Sassitude


posted by Tawny Taylor at 9:12 AM |

1 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Jen H:


Age is just a number, doesn't really matter if two people are compatible and in love. My dad married a woman 11 yrs older, my brother's wife is 8 yrs older, and my sister's husband is 6 yrs younger. They have all been married now for 10 to 26 years. :)
Jen


1:44 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela