Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Former Submissions Editor Issues Warning About Publisher

Her penname is Camille Anthony. Her real name is Sandy. She's a published author and (former) submissions editor. On Wed. Aug. 22, she posted the following on her MySpace blog:

"I have never once received my royalties on time. To date, I have not received the royalties due me from the first two quarters of 2007."

Camille's Blog

There's more. Click the link above to read the entire post.

Now, my thoughts:

1. There are always two sides to a story, so while it's easy to judge this publisher from what I've read, I'm not going to do that...yet. I'd like to hear what they have to say about Camille's complaints.

2. I can totally relate to Camille's difficulties. I am also an author with no health insurance. I can't imagine how she's able to pay her medical expenses. So I find it despicable if a publisher would (again, not saying this is happening, but it does appear that way) withhold royalties from its authors. For any reason.

3. Only on rare occasions have I seen an author come out to air his/her dirty laundry when it comes to publishers. It takes a great deal of courage on Camille's part to do this. I hope, if she--and other Silk's Vault authors who may have been cheated--sees some resolution out of this. And I also hope her message is spread, so that other authors won't suffer as well.

I welcome a representative of Silk's Vault to comment, along with anyone else who might have information about these issues. If this publisher is failing to pay its authors, this issue should be discussed, warnings shared. Authors are too often the victims. If we can, let's protect a few that haven't already become one.

Tawny
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Vampilicious Erotic Romance


posted by Tawny Taylor at 11:43 AM |

0 Comments:

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela