Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Monday, August 06, 2007

Overnight success, an urban fantasy?

Does it sometimes seem like an author appears out of nowhere and becomes a huge overnight success? ( ala JK Rowling, maybe?) I can think of a couple of romance authors I had once believed were overnight successes. I later learned they'd been published for years before breaking out and becoming a common household name.

What does this mean to me, a published but not-overnight-success author? It gives me hope and encouragement, knowing that paying the dues is part of the game. The number of true overnight successes is so small, it's more likely I'll win the lottery than become the next JK Rowling. But that's okay. I'm happy to continue on the slow and steady path.

Need more inspiration? Check out Jodi Picoult's success story here: http://www.writersdigest.com

Tawny
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Vampilicious Erotic Romance
Sydney's Romance with Sassitude

posted by Tawny Taylor at 3:15 PM |

0 Comments:

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela