Passing on for those who might be interested...
1St Annual EVA Query Contest
Romance Writers of America - East Valley Authors
1. Contest is limited to the first 100 entries.
2. Contest deadline is September 1, 2007.
3. Entry fees ($5) and submissions received after September 1, 2007 will not be accepted. Fees ($5) will be accepted at the EVA website through PayPal or send check, entry form and subbmission to:
East Valley Authors
West Covina, CA 91793-9000
4. Contest is open to any writer.
5. All genres of fiction are welcome.
6. Entries shall consist of:
A one to two-page query letter.
Standard business letter format -- see below
Kevan Anne Lyon and Jill Marsal
Sandra Dijkstra Agency
1155 Camino Del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92104-2605
7. If submitting as a hard copy:
THREE copies of your query letter
A standard self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage for return of submissions and scores
8. If submitting an electronic copy:
Please provide a valid email address
Send entry as an attachment
Email entry to: Contest Coordinator
9. Entries must be formatted as follows:
MINIMUM 1-inch margins, readable font of 12 pt, Time New Roman, Courier, or Arial preferred.
Justiy left but do NOT justify right margins
10. Multiple entries will be considered but a separate entry fee must be paid for each.
11. Each separate entry must be accompanied by an official entry form, a signed release, and an entry fee.
12. Preliminary judging will be done on a point basis, with all manuscripts judged by two trained judges. In the case where a submission receives larger than a 10=point spread, a third jude will be used and that final score taken.
13. Finalists are chosen by their overall score and must be among the top ten.
14. Finalists will be judged by Kevan Anne Lyon and Jill Marsal of the Sandra Dijkstra Agency.
15. Finalist will be announced October 6, 2007, at the EVA monthly meeting. Winner announcements will be made to the RWA. All finalists and the winner will be notified by phone or email.
16. The winner will receive a gift certificate worth $50.00.
17. Failure to comply with any of the above rules will result in disqualificaiton. The EVA Board of Directors will resolve any disputes that may arise. Their decision will be final.
18. The contest cannot be held liable for any failure of the delivery of entries due to the USPS, or your chosen method of delivery.
19. Contact Contest Coordinator with any questions.
DISCLAIMER: Winning the contest does not guarantee a request for your manuscript from the Sandra Dijkstra Agency.
Click Score Sheet to see our scoring.
Click Online Query Contest Entry Form to submit online.
If you prefer to send in your entry via snailmail:
Click Query Contest Entry Form for the printable form to send in with your entry.
FEE per entry: $5
Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! .