I admit, I've been naughty. I haven't exercised in almost two weeks. Bad, bad Tawny. I haven't checked into Peer Trainer in weeks. And yesterday I ate WAY too much. *sigh* Even so, I'm still doing a decent job of watching what I eat. I only have about five pounds to lose, which is why I think I'm getting lazy.
On the costume front (since so many people have been asking), I'm struggling with this whole Under the Sea fairy ball theme. It's so hard to make a costume that isn't your typical mermaid or water nymph. I have started three different costumes and scrapped them. I'm now on my fourth. I'm *hoping* this one'll be IT, the one I finish. The others were either tacky or blah (aka predictable). I feel a lot of pressure to come up with something really special, to top last year's (how do you top a train of white peacock feathers?!).
What do I have completed? A pair of wings that resemble (kind of) fins, a crown, and the beginnings of a dress. I'm trying to make a jacket to wear over the dress that will look like flowing water. The base of the jacket's clear vinyl. And I'm thinking of using clear silicone window caulk to make ripples. That stuff is NASTY to work with and has dangerous fumes, so I'm waiting for the weather to break. I'm going to have to do the ripples outside. Fingers crossed we have an early spring, LOL.
Now, for those wonderful ladies who were asking (so nicely) for pictures of my fairy ball costume, I can post the following few photos. As of right now, the wings and the crown are the only parts of the costume that are close to being done. The dress is literally pinned together.
For anyone who is curious, the base of the wings is floral foam and the wings are made out of wire I bought from my local Home Depot. I pushed the wire through the foam and then bent it into the shape of the wings. Then I glued the fabric to the wire, sandwiching the wire between two layers and used a spray stiffener to make the fabric semi-stiff.
Finally, I embellished with fabric spray paint, glitter paint, silk flowers, ribbon, pearls and Spanish moss. This was my first attempt at making wings from scratch. I'm sure there are easier (and better!) ways to make them, but this was the best I could do.
Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! .