Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Monday, February 25, 2008

Lestat Lives and Anne Rice

I don't know how many Anne Rice fans read my blog, but I read this article this morning and just had post about it.

First, I'll admit I've never read any of Anne Rice's novels. But I did love the movie Interview with the Vampire. I thought the plot/premise was brilliant.

Now, some thoughts.

I'm extremely curious to see how Anne handles this next vampire story. Since it seems she views writing vampire fiction as "turn[ing] my back on God", I'm expecting this story to be very different from her earlier works.


Now she'll find herself trying to reach two very different audiences--the ones who faithfully read her older titles, and the new ones that read her Christian books. Will this book be one huge compromise and, like compromises often do, fail to reach anyone? Or will she find herself a new niche, writing darker Christian fiction like Frank Peretti (LOVED This Present Darkness)?
I can't help touching on the topic of writing fiction versus religious faith.

A part of me thinks a person's fiction writing should not be inhibited by his/her religious beliefs, and so this quote bothers me as an author and an artist, "I would never go back, not even if they say you will be financially ruined. I would be a fool for all eternity to turn my back on God like that." To write a vampire story would be turning her back on God?

However, another part (the one that attended Baptist churches for years) totally understands both a new Christian's drive to leave his/her former life behind, and the impulse to focus on Christ. There truly is something to being "born again" and that transformation can affect many aspects of a person's life, including his/her artistic expression--whatever form that might take.

I'll be watching, and waiting. This may be the first Anne Rice novel I read.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Tawny
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Wicked-Hot Erotic Fiction

posted by Tawny Taylor at 8:07 AM |

0 Comments:

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela