Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Book Buying Habits

In taking inventory of my recent book purchases, I came to the conclusion that there is one thing that influences my purchasing decision more than anything else...Want to know what it is?

Knowing the author personally.

Yes, that's right. Almost all the books I buy (at least, the ones I buy new) are written by online writer friends. I may have met them on the Romance Divas forum, a publisher's author's loop, at a conference or during a book signing...doesn't matter. If they are someone I know personally (on any level) I will buy their book.

My most recent purchases?

The Darker Side of Pleasure by Eden Bradley
Wicked by Sasha White
Decadent by Shayla Black
The Mask She Wears by Jennifer Leeland
Last Wolf Standing by Rhyannon Byrd

There was a time when I was afraid to buy books written by people I liked. I mean, what if I hated their books? But now that I've been at this a while, I find I'm able to read without being uber critical. I can read for enjoyment (huge sigh of relief!). And therefore, even if I'm not crazy about a book a friend has written, I can always find something I liked about the story.

Am I the only one who wants to spend her money on books that are mostly written by authors I know? Or am I an oddball? Any thoughts?

Tawny
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Wicked-Hot Erotic Fiction

posted by Tawny Taylor at 2:52 PM |

1 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Kristen Painter:


You're definitely not alone in this. I buy a LOT of books by people I know. It seems to just work out that way.


5:02 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela