Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Monday, April 21, 2008

Tawny Does RT

The Romantic Times convention is over. I can barely talk. I slept through my trip home (even the looooong walk through Chicago's OHare airport). And I expect it'll take me at least a week to recover fully.

But it was Ooooohhhhh so worth it.

First, I'll let you know upfront that my blog isn't going to involve any hyped up commentary about perceived misbehavior by any individuals. If you want dirt, you'll have to look elsewhere.

So, you ask, what happened to Tawny Taylor in Pittsburgh?
My answer: A LOT of wonderful things!

I learned about some exciting upcoming projects (No, you will NOT get any details from me. At least, not yet).

I spent a second RT convention being tailed by a wonderful film crew, filming more footage for their documentary. I can't wait to see the end product once it's finished! A big thank you to Cindy and her crew for helping me get ready for the parties on both Friday and Saturday nights!

I talked to a several individuals from my publishers and learned they lurve me (always a good thing for an author to hear!).

I appeared in a live feed (in costume!) on the local news station WKDK with some authors I love and respect (I *heart* Jade Lee, Leslie Banks, Heather Graham, and Alexandra Sokoloff!!!).

I lunched with Erin McCarthy, Kathy Love, and a member of the Impalers.

I enjoyed many a laugh with authors Sasha White and Vivi Anna in the bar.

I danced off at least five pounds (yay!) with my Diva friends, as well as Lauren Dane, Alexandra Sokoloff, Kathy Love, Erin McCarthy, Anya Bast, Vivi Anna, Sasha White and...lots of other authors.

I talked to reviewers I've admired for years, booksellers I adore, press people who promise future interviews (I'm so excited!) and a couple of agents who may someday offer to represent my work.

I hugged Joy from Joyfully reviewed :)

I posed for pictures in my costumes, completely humbled by the enthusiastic compliments I received.

And last but not least, I soaked up truckloads of feedback from readers, as they waited for me to sign their copies of my books. I can't tell you how grateful I am for their sweet compliments, delivered with sparkling eyes and huge smiles. Food for the writer's soul, I tell you.

There's so much more, but those are the highlights. Already, I'm thinking about next year's convention.

Finally, as I come to the end of my RT post, I'd love to thank the people with RT who worked SO hard to make this year's convention special, the hotel staff, and the representatives of my publishers, particularly Ellora's Cave, for all the work they put into their spotlights, parties and author events.

Tawny
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Dark Master, April 29
Wicked-Hot Erotic Fiction
www.tawnytaylor.com

posted by Tawny Taylor at 2:54 PM |

5 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Vivi Anna:


Hey sugar pie.

It was great to see you and party with you and walk in the huge airport with you.

Parting is such sweet sorrow and we like did it five times in one day!!! tee-hee


4:57 PM 
Commented by Blogger Anya Bast:


It was great seeing you again, Tawny! I hope you're planning to be in Orlando!


12:56 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Jaynie:


I didn't think you'd be able to top last year's fairy ball costume but you totally did.

Glad you had fun; I did, too.


8:12 AM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


OMG, I miss you all already. *pout*

Vivi, I've never had so much fun saying goodbye, LOL. Anya, you're such a doll! I'm hoping to go to Orlando. The hubby's talking about going with. We'll see :) Jaynie, thank you soooo much! Hugs, girl! I wish we'd had more time to chat this year :-(

Next year, I think I need to take a clone of myself, so I don't have to miss anything/anyone. There's just too much going on, you know what I mean?!


8:42 AM 
Commented by Blogger Sasha White:


I miss you already!

It's funny how you can connect with a person so much, when we actually talked very little. Okay, we talked, laughed, danced, ate and drank...but it wasn't serious talk. Y'know what I mean? I guess we do enough of that online, when in person, it's all about making the connection, and I'm so glad I got to deepen ours this year.

You're a wonderful person, and I'm thankful to be able to call you friend.

Even if you are crazy. *grin*


5:22 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela