Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A Little Pioneer Girl

As some of you may know, I'm a bit of a costume geek (*mild* understatement). So, of course, when my kids have to dress up for any school event, Halloween, etc., I tend to go a smidge overboard.

This time, it was my daughter's field trip to a pioneer school. And I think I did a terrific job of reigning myself in. But I ask you, what mother could resist dressing her little girl like a big Holly Hobby doll? Not this one!


Now, I must point out that this child is normally running around, her hair a tangled wreck, wearing dirty jeans and t-shirts (she can't stay clean for more than five minutes). She's a tomboy through and through. Not a girly bone in her body.



I thought she might give me a fight, but she actually seems to like dressing up.


Say, maybe she'll wear a dress or skirt every now and then! A mom can dream, right?

Or maybe she'll catch the costume bug like I did.

Ironically, it was a field trip just like this one (I was about 8 years old at the time) that gave me the costuming bug. There was something exciting, magical, about dressing in clothes from days-gone-by. It wasn't until years later, when I discovered the Renaissance Festival, that I found an outlet for my historical costume fixation. But from the time I was eight, I was a costume geek. And I seized every opportunity to dress in garb as I could. Plays and musicals. Halloween. Whatever.

What about you? Do you remember a special event at school (or during your childhood) that changed you somehow?

posted by Tawny Taylor at 8:29 AM |

2 Comments:

Commented by Blogger danetteb:


She looks so cute in her costume.

I wasn't the dress up type, my sister was the one who loved to play princess. She designed all her prom dresses in high school.:)

Hugs, Danette


7:03 PM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


Thanks Danette! That's cool about your sister. When I was in school, I didn't know how to sew, or I probably would have done the same. I toyed with the idea of going into fashion design. I ended up studying psychology instead.


9:07 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela