Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bodice rippers are my ultimate escape?

How I adore sanctimonious, prejudice statements like that.

Where'd I stumble upon this one? On the MSNBC network's Today blog. They slipped a one-question "unscientific" poll in the middle of chapter one of Danielle Steel's new book. The question itself seems simple enough--Do you read romance novels? But it's the response choices that steam my kettle.

A. "Bodice rippers are my ultimate escape." (I haven't read about a ripped bodice in years. I guess I'm reading the wrong books.)

B. "No way. I don't touch those books." (I heard you can get an STD by touching them. You know, like sitting on a public toilet. Seriously.)

Or for the reader who is too embarrassed to admit she has a whole room full of bookshelves crammed to capacity with those ridiculous "bodice rippers", but isn't in total denial...

C. "Sometimes, while on vacation or at the beach."

I mean, come on! Who wrote this (shit) poll?

But at least MSNBC's ignorance made for some fun reading this morning. Check out the Smart Bitches poll about NBC's poll. LOL

Tawny
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
DARK MASTER, a Recommended Read (Dark Angel Reviews)
WANTON NIGHTS, Changeling Press
Wicked-Hot Erotic Fiction
www.tawnytaylor.com

posted by Tawny Taylor at 9:05 AM |

0 Comments:

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela