Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Playing with Photoshop

Some of you know I love sewing costumes, but many don't realize I'm also a closet Photoshop geek. For the most part, I've kept my obsession a secret because it's taken me a loooong time to learn how to make semi-respectable artwork with it. I work with a mouse, rather than one of those nifty drawing pads, an ancient version of Photoshop, and the very basic brushes.

But recently, at the encouragement of some Diva friends, I've started trying some new things.

Here are a couple of my efforts.



This first one is a mock book cover, created with a stock image available from Dreamstime.com. The wings come from user Adaae-stock at www.deviantart.com.

This mock book cover represents my first efforts at photo manipulation. I'm sure the professionals would have tons of suggestions for how to improve it, but for a first try, I think it's pretty good.


The second one is a mock cover for my upcoming Changeling Press book, Flesh to Flesh. I used stock images from www.istockphoto.com for this piece and layered in some hand painted swirls to create depth and soften the look.

I was hugely flattered to learn that Changeling Press was going to use this mock-up as a guide in creating the final cover (which is in the blog entry below). The final artwork is amazing.

Are there any other Photoshop geeks out there? Want to give me some pointers? Or share some links to some handy tutorials, nifty brushes, or other tools?

I would be extremely grateful!

Tawny
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
DARK MASTER, a Recommended Read (Dark Angel Reviews)
WANTON NIGHTS, Available Now! Changeling Press
Wicked-Hot Erotic Fiction
www.tawnytaylor.com

posted by Tawny Taylor at 11:28 AM |

2 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Eden Bradley:


Beautiful, Tawny! I've always wanted to learn Photoshop-I am so jealous!


9:21 PM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


Thanks Eden! It's a lot of fun, but if you tend to procrastinate, or have an addictive personality, it can make you worse :) IMO, it should come with a warning label.


7:55 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela