Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Are you bored...?

Jane posted an interesting topic today on Dear Author. In a nutshell, she's tired of the same old concepts/themes/myths in paranormal romances. Vampires. Ghosts. Werewolves. She wants something fresh, unique, interesting.

I couldn't agree more. I'm finding myself walking out of the bookstore empty handed. I've even scoured the internet, searching for ebooks written about unique worlds but haven't found much.

This is the reason why I've been dabbling in new worlds/mythologies. The Phoenix legend. The concept of sin. Gryffons.

Will they sell? I hope so, but at the same time I realize it's hard for most readers to try something new. Still, I'd like to ask, what sort of paranormal worlds/characters would you love to read about?

Personally, I'd love to see time travels make a comeback. What would you like to read?

Tawny
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Wicked-Hot Erotic Fiction
www.tawnytaylor.com

posted by Tawny Taylor at 11:44 AM |

1 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Kytaira:


I'm not into time travels. However, I've been to two UBS that have devoted a shelf to them. That's something they don't do for any other romance subgenre. I think time travel, like regencies, and vampires will always have a loyal following.

I think mythology stories will go over well. And other magical type of stories with a traditional bent
I also suspect other creatures such as gryphons, selkies, and dragons.

Not a complete switch from the currant popular books just a gradual switch. Still paranormals. Still mythical creatures. Just a new legend and new creature. Maybe more into the Celtic or Asian legends / creatures. I don't think readers are ready to give up on magic right now. It's a nice escape.

I say Celtic because there's alot of magic and folklore. The fey, selkies, and lush green scenery.

I also say Asian because dragons seem to be a more popular as a shapeshifer. Lots of folklore. i also think many readers want stronger heroines. A heroine that know the martial arts can kick butt and still be very feminine.

I personally aren't ready to leave my cat shifters, werewolves and vamps.


6:16 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela