Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Best Book Covers of 2009???

Amazon posted their Best Covers of 2009 list, and can you believe there isn't a romance novel among the selected? Maybe it's just me, but I'm not crazy about most of the covers they've selected. Maybe I'm just not getting it, but they're...meh. Maybe I've been staring at covers featuring chiseled abs too long.

A few that had me scratching my head:


(What is the figure on the last cover holding? It's ...is it his broken off arm? Seriously?)

That's not to say I found them all as ugly as these four. Some, I felt, were very well-designed.

Take these, for example:






What made the last three stand out for me? With the first one, it's the way the graphics work with the font. Love how the text has become a part of the picture. With the other two, it's the element of unexpected that makes me take notice. The first time I saw that zombie P&P cover, so many months ago, I couldn't not stare at it (which, of course, it what a cover designer would want). And the map of the US, upside down? Genuis design!

What do you think of Amazon's choices? If you could pick the three best covers of 2009, what covers would you choose?

posted by Tawny Taylor at 11:45 AM |

0 Comments:

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela