Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Friday, January 08, 2010

In the market for an e-reader?


Your choices are about to EXPAND!

A cascade of e-readers will hit the market this year, taking the devices far beyond gray-scale screens with features like touch navigation and video chatting — and probably lowering prices, too.


Read More: E-reader boom kindles a variety of new options

If you own an e-reader and would like to share what you like/dislike about it, I welcome you to comment! I'd love to hear the benefits and drawbacks (first hand) to all the readers currently on the market.

Personally, I've read on a Dell Axim (palm computer). It handled MS reader files nicely, but I became distracted by having to turn the page every few sentences. It was tolerable for short reads, novellas and short stories. I couldn't handle it for longer works. The backlit screen was nice when I wanted to read in a dark room, but it also drained the battery relatively quickly, limiting the amount of time I could read before I had to plug it in for a re-charge.

I just ordered a Nook and can't wait for it to get here. I've heard some good things and bad things about it. I'm anxious to get my hands on it and see for myself how well it runs (or doesn't as the case may be). I'll definitely post a mini-review and let you know what I think. Won't be able to comment on the technical specifics, since I don't know anything about that stuff. Want to read more techy reviews of ereaders, check out this blog.

posted by Tawny Taylor at 11:12 AM |

0 Comments:

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela