Back to Main Page

New Ebook Releases < Everlasting Hunger < Masters of Illusion < Blackmailed

Previous Posts

Books in Print

< Dark Master

< Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg

< Immortal Secrets

< Sex and the Single Ghost

< Animal Urges

Tawny's Fave Sites

LS Blogs Blog Directory

Friday, February 26, 2010

Busy, busy, busy...

...but not doing a whole lotta writing. *sigh*

Before anyone shakes a finger at me, though, I think I should mention that I've given my website a much-needed facelift, including a brand new header graphic. And I updated all the pages.

Plus, I've done some shopping. Shopping is always fun.

Okay, so I need to share this, because it's too cool and I'm uber geeked. Showing my sewing geekness here, so if that bores you, I won't be upset if you move on to someone else's blog.

In October, I'm heading to RomantiCon. This year's theme is the roaring 1920's, Great Gatsby, flappers, mobsters, that kind of thing. So, I've been hunting around the web, looking for inspiration. My first thought was to buy a beaded flapper dress. I found a couple of websites, including Unique Vintage, that sell them, but whoo-boy are they expensive and this girl's got a budget. Not to mention, the dropped waist style isn't very flattering on a girl who has an hourglass figure. A dress with no waist makes me look like I've gained about thirty pounds. Not the effect I'm going for.

So I decided I'm going to make something instead.

Hours and hours...and hours later, I stumbled upon a photograph that made my head spin. It's THE DRESS. *swoon*



I found a very pretty embroidered organza to use as an overlay, but I need to find something for the skirt's godets and I think I'm going with a copper taffeta for the lining, something a little darker than our girl, Drew. She looks gaw-jus, but I couldn't pull off that head to toe one color note as well.

So, that's all I have for now.

What about you? Have any news you want to share? Special shopping finds you're particularly proud of?

posted by Tawny Taylor at 9:37 PM |

2 Comments:

Commented by Anonymous Zora Stout:


That dress is absolutely stunning. Wow!


5:34 PM 
Commented by Blogger Tawny Taylor:


I totally agree! It's a one of a kind masterpiece. No idea who made it.

I couldn't possibly make something that spectacular, but I'm gonna give it my best.


12:04 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | Design based on template by mela